Where to change path for ad_next.png, ad_prev.png, etc..

Oct 25, 2012 at 8:34 PM

Hi there...

I have the gallery stored in a server with a specific path "Files/Customer/ad_next.png".

When I run the example given in the source code, I get the gallery but without any prev, next, scroll and loader images.

I was able to change the path of the gallery images in the html in the li elements, ok.

Someone?

Oct 25, 2012 at 8:41 PM

Eddy, post a link to your code.

-g-

Oct 25, 2012 at 8:48 PM

Hi Gerry,

Here the site live, click on the first "View More" button under "Vehicle Graphics".

http://www.justsigns.ca/Page.asp?name=js-projects#ad-image-0

Thanks

Oct 25, 2012 at 8:51 PM

Hi again.

I was going through the image files and realized that this software server host deletes the underscores from all file names.

Thus, is there a way to rename say ad_next to adnext?

Thanks

Eddy

Oct 25, 2012 at 9:24 PM
eddy666 wrote:

Hi Gerry,

Here the site live, click on the first "View More" button under "Vehicle Graphics".

Thanks

There is no "view more" button under Vehicle Graphics

Oct 25, 2012 at 10:24 PM
hi Gerry,
I realized that the names of the files in the server get altered.
This program, in the server, removes underscores and blanks from the files names.
I was wondering if the images names can be edited in the gallery ie: ad_next to adnext?
Please let me know
Thanks
eddy

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 5:24 PM, GerryWilliams <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

eddy666 wrote:

Hi Gerry,

Thanks

There is no "view more" button under Vehicle Graphics

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (adgallery@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email adgallery@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

--
Eduardo Martinez
emartinez888@gmail.com
519 265-3982
Oct 25, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Hi Eddy,

If I understand the problem correctly you have uploaded files to your server that have underscores and/or spaces in the file names and when the URL to these files is displayed the application strips these characters out of the name.  The fundamental question is whether the files themselves are stored on the server without those special characters.  If so, then you should put the file names without the special characters in the Ad Gallery script.

If it isn't a heroic effort I would rename the files, removing the special characters, and upload them to your server.  Then there would not be any ambiguity. You could also try renaming the files, substituting a dash character for the spaces and underscores, and see if your application strips those characters.  That would maintain the 'readability' of the file names and, again, remove any ambiguity.

Regards,

-g-

Oct 26, 2012 at 3:46 AM
Hi gerry,
yes, the server strips the underscores and stores the files without them.
I can change all the files names to no underscores but the ad_next.png and the other ones from within the gallery can't be edited. I've searched through the js, css and the html file from the example and could not find them.
Is there a script that i am missing?
if you could direct me on which file to find the call to those png files.
Thanks
eddy

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 6:42 PM, GerryWilliams <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi Eddy,

If I understand the problem correctly you have uploaded files to your server that have underscores and/or spaces in the file names and when the URL to these files is displayed the application strips these characters out of the name. The fundamental question is whether the files themselves are stored on the server without those special characters. If so, then you should put the file names without the special characters in the Ad Gallery script.

If it isn't a heroic effort I would rename the files, removing the special characters, and upload them to your server. Then there would not be any ambiguity. You could also try renaming the files, substituting a dash character for the spaces and underscores, and see if your application strips those characters. That would maintain the 'readability' of the file names and, again, remove any ambiguity.

Regards,

-g-

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (adgallery@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email adgallery@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

--
Eduardo Martinez
emartinez888@gmail.com
519 265-3982
Oct 26, 2012 at 4:02 AM

Hi Eddy,

The file “ad_next.png” and other Ad Gallery “.png” files are in the Ad Gallery /lib/ subdirectory. These files are the graphic files used in the navigation displays (forward arrow, backward arrow, etc.).

ad_next.png

ad_prev.png

ad_scroll_back.png

ad_scroll_forward.png

They are referenced in the jquery.ad-gallery.css file also located in the /lib/ subdirectory.

I hope this helps,

-g-

Gerry Williams
Cadre Enterprises, LLC

1601 La Cabra Drive, SE
Albuquerque, NM 87123

(505) 293-8300

http://CadreWebWorks.com

Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2012 9:47 PM
To: gerry@cadreinc.com
Subject: Re: Where to change path for ad_next.png, ad_prev.png, etc.. [adgallery:400849]

Hi gerry,

I can change all the files names to no underscores but the ad_next.png and the other ones from within the gallery can't be edited. I've searched through the js, css and the html file from the example and could not find them.

Thanks

eddy

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 6:42 PM, GerryWilliams <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi Eddy,

If I understand the problem correctly you have uploaded files to your server that have underscores and/or spaces in the file names and when the URL to these files is displayed the application strips these characters out of the name. The fundamental question is whether the files themselves are stored on the server without those special characters. If so, then you should put the file names without the special characters in the Ad Gallery script.

If it isn't a heroic effort I would rename the files, removing the special characters, and upload them to your server. Then there would not be any ambiguity. You could also try renaming the files, substituting a dash character for the spaces and underscores, and see if your application strips those characters. That would maintain the 'readability' of the file names and, again, remove any ambiguity.

Regards,

-g-

--
Eduardo Martinez
emartinez888@gmail.com
519 265-3982

Oct 26, 2012 at 4:49 AM
hi gerry,
I have to change the name from ad_next to adnext because the server wants adnext.
At this moment none of the ad_next, ad_previous, etc... show in the screen, there is a name mismatch.
Now, the DOM is looking for a ad_next file because it is hard coded somewhere, in the html file I guess, but the server is renaming the file to adnext and can't find it.
The css file only alters the behaviour of the ad_next, grabbing the element by its class.
I need to hard code the name of the files to adnext, adprevious, etc... in the script somewhere.
Even if I rename the files to adnext, adprevious, etc... I must then do the same changes in the script, but where?
thanks
eddy

On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 12:03 AM, GerryWilliams <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi Eddy,

The file “ad_next.png” and other Ad Gallery “.png” files are in the Ad Gallery /lib/ subdirectory. These files are the graphic files used in the navigation displays (forward arrow, backward arrow, etc.).

ad_next.png

ad_prev.png

ad_scroll_back.png

ad_scroll_forward.png

They are referenced in the jquery.ad-gallery.css file also located in the /lib/ subdirectory.

I hope this helps,

-g-

Gerry Williams
Cadre Enterprises, LLC

1601 La Cabra Drive, SE
Albuquerque, NM 87123

(505) 293-8300

Subject: Re: Where to change path for ad_next.png, ad_prev.png, etc.. [adgallery:400849]

Hi gerry,

Thanks

eddy

Hi Eddy,

Regards,

-g-

--
Eduardo Martinez
emartinez888@gmail.com
519 265-3982

--
Eduardo Martinez
emartinez888@gmail.com
519 265-3982
Oct 26, 2012 at 4:56 AM
gerry, gerry!
i found it, you were right, in the css file under background.
what was annoying is that doing a string search for ad_next in notepad++ returned NOT FOUND!
and i did it few times with the same result.
This time i looked line by line and it was there.
geez that notepad++!
thanks
eddy

On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 12:49 AM, eduardo martinez <emartinez888@gmail.com> wrote:
hi gerry,
I have to change the name from ad_next to adnext because the server wants adnext.
At this moment none of the ad_next, ad_previous, etc... show in the screen, there is a name mismatch.
Now, the DOM is looking for a ad_next file because it is hard coded somewhere, in the html file I guess, but the server is renaming the file to adnext and can't find it.
The css file only alters the behaviour of the ad_next, grabbing the element by its class.
I need to hard code the name of the files to adnext, adprevious, etc... in the script somewhere.
Even if I rename the files to adnext, adprevious, etc... I must then do the same changes in the script, but where?
thanks
eddy

On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 12:03 AM, GerryWilliams <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi Eddy,

ad_next.png

ad_prev.png

ad_scroll_back.png

ad_scroll_forward.png

I hope this helps,

-g-

Gerry Williams
Cadre Enterprises, LLC

1601 La Cabra Drive, SE
Albuquerque, NM 87123

(505) 293-8300

Hi gerry,

Thanks

eddy

Hi Eddy,

Regards,

-g-

--
Eduardo Martinez
emartinez888@gmail.com
519 265-3982

--
Eduardo Martinez
emartinez888@gmail.com
519 265-3982

--
Eduardo Martinez
emartinez888@gmail.com
519 265-3982
Oct 26, 2012 at 11:15 AM

Happy to help. Best of luck.

Regards,

-g-

Gerry Williams
Cadre Enterprises, LLC

1601 La Cabra Drive, SE
Albuquerque, NM 87123

(505) 293-8300

Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2012 10:56 PM

gerry, gerry!

i found it, you were right, in the css file under background.

what was annoying is that doing a string search for ad_next in notepad++ returned NOT FOUND!

and i did it few times with the same result.

This time i looked line by line and it was there.

geez that notepad++!

thanks

eddy

On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 12:49 AM, eduardo martinez <emartinez888@gmail.com> wrote:

hi gerry,

thanks

eddy

Hi Eddy,

ad_next.png

ad_prev.png

ad_scroll_back.png

ad_scroll_forward.png

I hope this helps,

-g-

Gerry Williams
Cadre Enterprises, LLC

1601 La Cabra Drive, SE
Albuquerque, NM 87123

(505) 293-8300

Hi gerry,

Thanks

eddy

Hi Eddy,

Regards,

-g-

--
Eduardo Martinez
emartinez888@gmail.com
519 265-3982

--
Eduardo Martinez
emartinez888@gmail.com
519 265-3982

--
Eduardo Martinez
emartinez888@gmail.com
519 265-3982