Stop Slideshow on hover

May 11, 2012 at 5:05 PM

I am having an issue with the Stop Scroll on hover.  I have set the stop_on_scroll = true but the slideshow does not stop.  What else should I do to make the slideshow stop on hover.

Thanks in advance!

Coordinator
May 12, 2012 at 8:19 AM

Hi,
That is currently not supported in AD Gallery, but it sounds like a nice feature. I'll add it in an upcoming release. Until then, you could implement it like this:

$(".ad-image-wrapper").mouseover(function() {
   galleries[0].slideshow.stop();
});

May 14, 2012 at 3:22 PM

Where would I put this code.  I tried to place it without success.

Coordinator
May 14, 2012 at 6:46 PM

It's hard to say without looking at your code, but it should probably be just after where you call the adGallery() function.

May 14, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Thank you.  I got it to work - but not exactly the best way.  Maybe you have an idea on how to make this better.

I think this would be awesome if:  

• When you hover the slideshow stops (or pauses) and then when you mouseout the slideshow restarts where it left off

For example:

•  
    • Script set to 10 seconds between images
    • You hover over the image and stop the slideshow (say at 5 seconds left)
    • When you mouseout - the slideshow restarts at the 5 second mark (the time left when you hovered over to stop the slideshow) and not the 10 seconds that the script is set to allow between images.

I did get the slideshow to stop using your example.  I then added a MouseOut  to Start the slideshow.  But have not figured out how to the the "pause" feature to work.  

Any suggestions??

Thanks again

Coordinator
May 17, 2012 at 1:18 PM

Hi,

Pausing the slideshow isn't possible right now, and my guess is that it would be sort of an ugly hack to do outside of AD Gallery.

I'll look into it and see if I can add a pause method on the slideshow.